3.16.2007

Animal Farm) Question 7



Are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be beautiful? or disturbing? or memorable? Describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.
The story takes place on a farm in England in the first half of the 20th century. I found the memorable setting that is close to the ending part of the book, and relate to the question five and six. The setting I chose is described, when the deputation of neighboring farmers was invited to the Animal Farm and they looked around there. Then they were drinking wine in the table. The setting I picked is viewed from the animals that followed up with wonder to see the inside the house. So these animals are outside of house and looking at the inside. This setting is memorable to me because I feel warm and comfortable like the way I came to home when I imagined (like these animals see) talks of roar between the men, I feel warm and comfortable. To explain it clearly, the mood of the overall novel was strict, cold, but it was the first time I felt warm and comfortable. Maybe it is because this is close to the ending. So I feel the way of exciting and comfortable and warm because I am almost finishing the book…haha.
In addition, the major settings in this novel are windmill and the animal farm. When I see the common windmill and animal farm, they look peaceful, and friendly like my grandmother’s house. But in the novel, the moods in the setting are not really peaceful, there are strict rules that other animals must follow, and pigs are inspecting.

No comments: