1.24.2007

Lord of the Flies) Question 5


What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel saddens you in anyway? Why?


The overall mood of the novel is negative. The author described moods of this novel as dark, eager, angry, uncomfortable, anxious, and cold. Those moods came from the setting, actions of the boys.
Also I find this novel makes me sad, anyway. This novel makes me sad because I could recognize our world. This is not a perfect world, like the gardens of Eden, in the bible. The world we living today is fallen world. Everyday, every time, in the world, there are numberless people die and numberless children born. The society of the boys described in the book is the world we live. We live in a world of suffering. In the novel, Simon and Piggy takes the suffering. Also Ralph takes the suffering although he didn’t get killed, he was anxious about being chief, and worried that what would Jack do to him. Everybody takes the suffering in the novel, and also in the world. The size (?) of suffering varies on each person, but everyone takes it. The suffering I am talking about is like a pain. For example, a child wants to be a best piano player in the world. It takes much pain as much as her dream is big. She may feel tired sometimes. But without taking the suffering, she will be give up and fail. As I mentioned before, human has good and evil side, both sides has to be exist. It applies same for a child who wants to be a best piano player in the world. There must be pain to be successful, and vice versa. To explain simply, I will use math, in the ratios-good : evil= result : pain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering, where did you find that image? I can say that it looks awfully familiar, probably to the point where I think I have seen it in school before...